You can put together a car wash fundraiser on short notice, but they work best with a little planning. Here’s how to get started…
List of Things to Do
1. Line up a location with good main road frontage.
2. Ensure it has suitable water access.
3: Assemble supplies list: hoses, buckets, wash towels, dry towels, squeegees
4. Assign each volunteer an item from the supplies list.
Make 8–10 poster board signs in high-contrast colors.
6: Arrange your volunteers in 2-hour shifts.
7: Get advance publicity, if possible.
How to Make a List
1. Organize your group into teams: promotion, sales, wash, and dry.
2. The promotion team attracts new clients with signs.
3: The sales team explains the offer (a flyer is provided for quick reference).and up-sells clients
4: The wash team soaps, scrubs, and rinses each car.
5—The dry team gets water residue off, vacuums, does tires, etc.
6. Have at least two lines so you can wash two or more cars at once.
7: Wash cars for six to eight hours (Saturday 9:00 to 3:00 is preferred).
Your fundraiser’s success will depend on the weather. If you can wash 12 cars an hour (one every 10 minutes in each line), you can raise $500–$1000 in one day.
Remember to put together a quick flyer that includes the reason why you’re raising funds and clearly states the price. You can even offer some extra services, such as high-gloss tire treatment or vacuuming interiors, for an additional fee.
Car Wash Fundraiser: Success Tips
1: Location, location, location!
2. Sell car wash fundraiser tickets in advance.
3. Use a flyer clearly explaining why you’re raising funds.
4. List all prices concisely in large, bold type.
5: Upsell to include additional services
6: Partner with another group if your headcount is low.
7—Increase revenue with an extra offering, such as a 2-for-1 pizza savings card.
Alternatively, you can advertise a free car wash and just ask for donations for your cause.
Make sure to keep the event fun for all your participants and your customers. Play upbeat music. Provide soft drinks and snacks to keep the energy level up.
Keep safety in mind. Be sure to get volunteers to hold and wave signs toward passing traffic, not just volunteers to wash cars.
If you have the time, advertise your car wash fundraiser in the local newspaper or by posting signs a day or two ahead of time.
Please one more PV Before Get Code